This blog post has information on the best things to do in Boston. We put together this list of off-the-beaten-path things to do in Boston! These include Boston’s top attractions, museums, points of interest, kid-friendly activities, and suggestions for things to do at night. Things to do and see in Boston – it’s the top things to do in Boston!
Hope to see you on one of our Boston Food Tours or Boston Chocolate Tours soon!
Food Tours and Chocolate Tours
Take a food tour or chocolate tour with Off The Beaten Path Food Tours!
On our tours, you’ll also have the chance to learn about cool shopping, museums, breweries, and activities in each neighborhood we visit.
We offer food tours and chocolate tours in:
Check our Tour Calendar to find out fun activities in Boston this weekend!
Here are some cool “off the beaten path” museums in Boston that we love!
- MIT Museum (Cambridge)
- Harvard Natural History Museum (Cambridge)
- The Mapparium (Boston)
- Larz Anderson Auto Museum (Brookline)
- Rose Art Museum (Waltham)
- Boott Cotton Mills Museum (Lowell)
- Boston Athaeneum (Boston)
- JFK Museum (Boston)
Historical Home Tours
If touring a historical home tour is more your thing (we love architecture!) check these out:
- Loring-Greenough House (Boston)
- Longfellow House (Cambridge)
- The Witch House (Salem)
- Quincy Adams House (Quincy)
- Lizzie Borden House (Fall River)
- And in Newport, RI (1.5 hours away) we love touring Rough Point
Year-round, Bostonians are known to be active! Here’s some of our favorite outdoor things:
- Mt. Auburn Cemetery Walk (Cambridge and Watertown)
- Boston Harbor Islands (Boston)
- Tower Hill Botanical Garden (Boylston)
- Ice Skating @ Kendall Square (Cambridge)
- Walk Jamaica Pond and try out the infamous Jamaica Pond Bench
- Ice skating rinks (indoor and outdoor) in Boston, Cambridge, Somerville
- Coolidge Corner Theater (Brookline)
- Somerville Theater Silent Movies (Somerville)
- Boda Borg (Malden)
- Tour the Basement of the Old North Church (Boston) and then look for the Skinny House
- PKL pickleball bar in South Boston
- Puttshack indoor mini-golf in the Seaport
- BeachHouse indoor volleyball in Natick
- The Garment District (Cambridge)
- Thrift Shopping on Elm Street (Somerville)
- Bodega streetwear hidden store (Boston) which isn’t really a convenience store!
- Bow Market (Somerville)
We also put together a few ideas in the neighborhoods where we run our tours and beyond!
- Things To Do in Jamaica Plain, Boston, MA
- Things To Do in Cambridge, MA
- Things To Do in Lowell, MA
- Things To Do in Somerville, MA
- Things To Do in Northampton, MA
- Things To Do in Boston’s Back Bay
- Things To Do in Allston, MA
- Things To Do in South End, Boston, MA
- Things To Do in East Boston, MA
Things To Do in Boston – Calendar
We also put together a list of things to do in Boston each month! Boston is so much fun year-round, and you can easily travel across the metro to other cities such as Cambridge, Somerville, and Brookline to find some really interesting stuff. Look at our list of month to month!
- Things To Do in Boston in January
- Things To Do in Boston in February
- Things To Do in Boston in March
- Things To Do in Boston in April
- Things To Do in Boston in May
- Things To Do in Boston in June
- Things To Do in Boston in July
- Things To Do in Boston in August
- Things To Do in Boston in September
- Things To Do in Boston in October
- Things To Do in Boston in November
- Things To Do in Boston in December
Most Instagrammable Spots in Boston and Cambridge
- Take photos in all of our most instagrammable places in Boston!
- Check out the most instagrammable restaurants in Boston, too.
We will keep updating this list as we discover more fun activities in Boston! Look forward to seeing you on a tour soon, and let’s support small businesses together in this great state of Massachusetts! There’s so much fun stuff to do in Boston.