Here are some ideas on how to enjoy a Boston Vacation in March:
March Madness! This is a Sports Town After All
Did we just buy a basketball hoop for our driveway? Guilty! Do we love that Marcus Smart loves Boston? Guilty! Check out our post of our Favorite Boston Sports Bars, and catch the game after one of our tours this weekend.
Take a Food Tour or Chocolate Tour with Off The Beaten Path Food Tours
We run our Food Tours and Chocolate Tours year-round and our friendly guides can’t want to meet you! Our Union Square Food Tour and Central Square Cambridge Food and Mural Arts Tour are open for booking. So check the Tour Calendar for something fun going on this week.
Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day
Check out our favorite Things To Do in Boston on St. Patrick’s Day — it’s the luck of the Irish! We love Irish pubs, and here’s a list of our favorites among other cool stuff to do.
Visit Our Indoor Markets
We love our indoor markets here in Boston, some things never change. On our Union Square Somerville Food Tour we visit Bow Market which features Etsy-makers and local small businesses. Venture a little farther north with us to try a Lowell Mill No 5, which is a market inside a converted textile mill. In Cambridge, we have an Antique Market which is five floors of antiques and interesting finds.
Prep For The Boston Marathon — at Any Pace
You may or may not be running 26.2 miles this April, but either way it’s a great month to get outside and enjoy strolls or runs through town at any pace. In the city known for its Boston Marathon every April, we don’t slow down in March. If there’s still snow on the ground or a nip in the air, these will be active places that hopefully are open on a nice sunny day:
- Kendall Square Cambridge Ice Skating – take a spin after our Kendall Square Food & Innovation Tour or go during the weekdays and grab some dinner at EVOO nearby. Other spots to go Ice Skating in Boston.
- De Cordova Sculpture Park Snowshoe Tours – a can’t miss activity for outdoor and art lovers!
- Blue Hills Boston – a great beginner slope, just outside of Boston enjoy this “smaller” hill – they have lessons available and make their own snow!
- Weston Ski Track – we’ve been going here since we were little, for cross-country skiing with a few “golf course sized” hills and a ton of fun to get your energy out by snow shoeing — the world is your oyster!
- Great Brook Ski Touring – another awesome place to go cross-country skiing or snowshoeing, there’s some delicious eats and history in nearby Concord, MA
- Wachusett Mountain Night Skiing – for the more adventurous downhill skiier, Wachusett is our tallest mountain in Massachusetts, and we have a blast night skiing here
Try A Bar Crawl with our Craft Breweries
Check out our blog post about our favorite craft breweries in Boston. There’s so much creativity in the Boston brew scene, from the label to the process/recipes to the names of the local bottles, these are truly labors of love. On our tours we often sample beer, and you can email us for specific recommendations if you want more recommendations.
Magical Outdoor Shopping
Cobblestone streets are made for the winter! So kick off your stilettos, put on a pair of UGGs, and join us for some outdoor shopping around the city’s oldest areas. Our favorite places to wander the cobblestones include: Harvard Square, Beacon Hill, and Newbury Street.
Indoor Sports: Golf or Rock Climbing, anyone?
Interval training? Keeping up that golf swing? There’s plenty of ways to enjoy yourself this March with indoor sports, all around the city. From trampoline parks to indoor golf to our favorite rock climbing gym, you’ll find something to suit your fancy!
Red Sox Spring Training
Get up to speed on who is on the team this year and attend a spring training event. We are so excited about Fenway Food Tour, which will hopefully be back on the calendar as fun for locals and Boston visitors alike. Afte the tour, check out Time Out Market in Boston!
Lift your spirits with a sing-along. There are so many awesome music venues in Boston, from outdoor to indoor beats! Check out our list of our favorite music venues in Boston. Also check out the area colleges like MIT , Babson, and Wellesley for any March spring break concerts that are open to the public.
The Usual: Museums, Art Galleries, Restaurants, Historical Sites are all open
- Take photos in all of our most instagrammable places in Boston!
- We have a list of the most instagrammable restaurants as well 🙂
- Try a tasting menu in Boston or Cambridge.
Check out some of our other recs of things to do in Boston like this blog post on Off The Beaten Path Things To Do in Boston. Enjoy our city and explore all of its off the beaten path finds.
Our Food Tours and Chocolate Tours of interesting Boston neighborhoods are a can’t-miss Spring activity in Boston. So whether you’re a local or tourist, start practicing saying “wicked cool” and check our Tour Calendar for what’s going on this week.