"Being a trivia host is the coolest job - I get to learn a lot and meet new people each week while playing my favorite tunes."
Our Off The Beaten Path Food Trivia Hosts are responsible for hosting a fun trivia night event at the same bar on a pre-arranged schedule.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Respectful and maintain professional approach to all staff of restaurant partners and guests (critical)
- Arrive 15 minutes before game time to set up
- Go around and ask guests if they’d like to play!
- Be knowledgeable about and able to use simple PA systems
- Clearly state questions to patrons
- Keep score and deploy simple math concepts
- Watch for cheating on cell phones
- Stay on time with the pace of the game
- Communicate with Off The Beaten Path Food Tours about how it’s going and take photos to post on social media if possible
- Previous trivia host experience strongly preferred
- Bonus: have your own microphone, audio cable, and speaker system (not required)
- Take email address for prizes to owners each week
- At least 21 years of age
- Bring your own laptop (with playlist) and access to Google Sheets in the bar
- Works the crowd and keeps the evening going!
CHARACTERISTICS & QUALITIES
- Clean & professional appearance
- Well balanced and articulate communication skills
- Exudes Confidence (including calmness)
- High Energy
- Have interest in neighborhood history and food
- Okay working in a loud bar environment
- People person
If interested, please contact us at email@example.com with your resume and cover letter and let us know how we may be able to work together!