Lentil Minestrone Soup Recipe
- 1 medium onion – chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic – minced
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup baby carrots – sliced in half or thirds
- 1 cup lentils
- 1 package – frozen chopped or fresh chopped spinach
- 6 cup carton – vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon – dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon – dried thyme
- 1 can of diced tomatoes (any size)
- 1/2 cup to 1 cup (depending on how thick you like it) UNCOOKED pasta of any kind – we love using the high protein elbow noodles or any fun pasta like chickpea or beans
- Using a large saucepan where you’ll eventually cook the entire soup, cook the onion and garlic in hot oil about 5 minutes until tender and see-through, stirring frequently.
- Add in carrots, lentils, spinach, broth, oregano, thyme, and HOT PEPPER SAUCE (optional) or SALT (optional.)
- Bring the mixture to boiling.
- Reduce heat, cover the pot, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in the can of diced tomatoes and the uncooked pasta.
- Simmer another 15 minutes longer so that pasta becomes tender.
For more delicious food, try our Boston Food Tours and Chocolate Tours!